USA Wrestling has recently made changes in their fees of the athlete membership, the Club Charter and the Event Sanction. Below are the current fees of Iowa/USA Wrestling. You must purchase your memberships online at www.usawmembership.com.
|Iowa Limited Folkstyle Membership||This Athlete card is good for Iowa/USA Wrestling Kids Folkstyle Series Events only. If you want to participate in National , Regional and Freestyle/Greco events you must upgrade to the Full or High Performance Membership. Purchase your Online Membership.||$15|
|Iowa Full Athlete General Membership||No limitations on style, geography or level of competition. Purchase your Online Membership.||$50|
|Iowa High Performance Athlete Membership||No limitations on style, geography or level of competition. Includes USA Wrestling gear, custom membership card, downloadable video, exclusive DVD's, discounts and more. Purchase Online Membership.||$100|
|Wrestling Leader||Online Membership Only. Newly joining memberships must have a background check. Background checks are required every two years. If you had a BG check last year, you don't need another one until next year.||$50|
|Event Sanction Fee||Click here to Sanction an Event||$120|
|Certificate of Insurance||For the current membership year, some changes in procedure are required for USA Wrestling Chartered Club and Sanctioned Event Director that wish to add owner/operators of facilities, the use, as Certificate Holders and/or Additional Insureds||$60|
Valid for kids, cadet, F.I.L.A. Cadet, junior, F.I.L.A. Junior World, university, senior, masters’-level competition at all competition levels, and club practices. To enter an USA Wrestling sanctioned event as a competitor you must have a current competitor’s card. Membership benefits include secondary, non-duplicating sports accident insurance provided by an outside carrier. There is sports accident supplemental benefits provided to USA Wrestling members who participate in limited non-sanctioned events. This insurance coverage includes a deductible, co-payment provisions and other conditions of the policy (details will be provided to club administrators); a one-year subscription to USA Wrestling; the privilege to compete and take advantage of events, camps, clinics, international exchanges, and club programs; discounts on wrestling gear, equipment and apparel; and other national discount programs as they become available.
Wrestling Leader Membership (Coach)
Membership benefits include secondary, non-duplicating sports accident insurance provided by an outside carrier. There is sports accident supplemental benefits provided to USA Wrestling members who participate in limited non-sanctioned events. This insurance coverage includes a deductible, co-payment provisions and other conditions of the policy (details will be provided to club administrators); limited liability insurance (per the conditions of the policy); a one-year subscription to USA Wrestler; the privilege to coach at events and specified camps, clinics, international exchanges and club programs; opportunity for coach instruction and certification, discounts on wrestling gear, equipment and apparel; and other national discount programs as they become available. This card may not be used for competition.
Wrestling Leader (Official's) Membership
Membership benefits include secondary, non-duplicating sports accident insurance provided by an outside carrier. This insurance coverage includes a deductible, co-payment provisions and other conditions of the policy (details will be provided to club administrators); limited liability insurance (per the conditions of the policy); a one-year subscription to USA Wrestling; discounts on wrestling equipment and apparel; and other national discount programs as they become available; voting privileges at USWOA general meetings. The United States Wrestling Officials Association handles membership in the USWOA. For more information, write: USWOA, 2616 Hamilton Ave, Glenshaw, PA 15116; 1-412-486-8997. This card may not be used for competition.
Register on-line at TheMat.com or contact USA Wrestling at 719-598-8181. Membership benefits include a one-year subscription to USA Wrestling, discounts on merchandise, official USA Wrestling Partner gift, USA Wrestling decal and pride in supporting the world’s greatest sport. This card may not be used for competition.
A club Charter provides membership affiliation with USA Wrestling for state and national clubs. Club Charter benefits include liability insurance for practice sessions supervised by member coaches and property and general liability protection for club leaders and volunteers (subject to coverage limits and conditions under the policy); fund-raising opportunities through the National Headquarters and national sponsors; a subscription to USA Wrestler; a copy of the international rule book (available in February of 2002); and other program materials as they become available. Each club pays one charter fee, regardless of the number of wrestlers or ages involved with the club. All members of the club must be individually registered with USA Wrestling. Owners/operators of facilities may be listed as a Certificate Holder for a nominal fee. Owners/operators, as Certificate Holders, of facilities can be listed as additional insured through approval of the insurance carrier at no charge.
Sanction for Competitive Event
A sanction for a USA wrestling event, approved by the State Chairperson or designated state director and received and approved by the National Office within the appropriate time frame prior to the event provides organization affiliation and other limited benefits. Liability insurance coverage for tournament organizers and volunteers is a benefit of the sanction, as well as limited property damage coverage (subject to coverage limits and conditions under the policy). The owner of the facility where the event is held may be included as an Additional Insured, upon submission of appropriate form and approval of the insurance carrier, at no additional cost. All contestants must hold valid USA Wrestling Competitor’s membership cards. Event Directors receive a Certificate of Insurance; opportunity to purchase discounted event supplies; fund-raising consignment sales opportunities of USA Wrestling merchandise at certain events; event organizing materials; access to national staff for consulting; and free promotional listings in the USA Wrestler, and on the Internet. (subject to publication dates and receipt of event information).
Foreign Athlete Membership – National Fee $7.50
Foreign wrestlers competing in the United States are required to have an USA Wrestling Competitor’s Membership Card. The special card fee for foreign athletes is $7.50, and must be purchased prior to the first competition. Secondary Sports Accident Insurance benefits, within conditions of the policy, is included. American hosts of visiting international exchange teams must verify membership and/or arrange for Competitor’s Membership cards through their state Membership Administrator. No other membership benefits, services, or liability insurance coverage benefits are extended to foreign participants holding USA Wrestling membership cards.
This Membership synopsis is not intended to be a detailed explanation of benefits or of terms and conditions applying to same. Information printed above is subject to change. Answers to specific questions may be obtained from your State Chairperson or Membership Administrator or by contacting the National Headquarters for USA Wrestling.
USA Wrestling Grass-Roots Programming, Benefits and Services
The programs, benefits and services described below are not in any particular order of importance.
1. Membership in a National Organization which is committed to preserving the sport, developing new opportunities, creating increased interest, supporting athletes, coaches, officials, and leaders at every level of the sport, supporting the efforts of thousands of volunteers across the country.
2. Association with the only organization in the United States which is the National Governing Body for the Sport and member association of the United States Olympic Committee.
3. National Team Athlete Appearance Program
4. Coaches Education State Grant Program
5. Volunteer and Athlete Recognition Programs
6. Annual Rulebook published and distributed to coaches, clubs and officials
7. USAWrestler publication
8. On going Video Technique Syllabus Project
9. Regional & National Event Series
10. Promotion items – posters, stickers, flyers
11. National Coaches Education Program ( Four levels)
12. Secondary Sports Accident and Liability Insurance benefits and service
13. State Association D&O Insurance Benefits
14. Club and State Leaders’ Organizing guides
15. Use of the Junior Olympic term – USAW and its affiliate members are granted permission by the United States Olympic Committee to utilize the terminology “Junior Olympic” in their grass-root programming activities and functions. This is exclusive to all National Governing Bodies with one exception.
16. International Exchange Program
17. Tour du Monde Program
18. GR Big Brother Program, FS Future Olympians Program, Developmental Training Camps
19. USAW Merchandise Consignment Fundraising program
20. Full line of USAW branded merchandise, event supplies, team supplies
21. Mat and Pairing Official Training Opportunities and Clinics (USWOA)
22. Officials Training Videos (USWOA)
23. Annual State Leaders Conference
24. TheMat.com and USAWrestling.org
Programs under development
1. Palestra – An Internet based educational tool for coaches and athletes that will provide in-depth visual aids, both still and live action, demonstrating wrestling techniques of Freestyle, Greco-Roman and Folkstyle.
2. Future world wide web applications under development
3. University Club Program (underdevelopment)
4. Beat the Streets Program (under development), Associated Inter-city Programming (YMCAs)
Organizational Tools for State Leaders and State Associations
1. National Convention
2. Membership services in regard to questions, requests, advice, supplies
3. Membership processing software, forms, promotion materials
4. Grass-roots communication services via conference calls, mailings, etc
5. Recording, archiving and distribution of state association policies, procedures, and guidelines
6. Recording and distribution of all Regional Committee, National Council meetings
7. State Association Compliance procedures
8. Junior Olympic Wrestling Committee work
Sports Accident Supplemental Benefits
USA Wrestling’s Supplemental Benefit (SB) program allows USAW members to participate in non-USAW sanctioned events.
*** WHO IS COVERED: Those entities outlined in the USA Wrestling General Liability and USA Wrestling Sports Accident Summaries but only when:
1. All members and coaches of an USA Wrestling club/team who are participating in the competition and who are current and active USAW members. The competition must be formally scheduled, supervised, and conducted by a recognized sports association, sports organization, civic group, or school, and its rules must be in force. Coverage will not extend to any unsupervised informal competition, or to any non-USA Wrestling sanctioned competitions hosted or conducted by USA Wrestling clubs/teams.
2. For club/team competitions (where USA Wrestling club/team members are participating in club/team formats) the entire club/team and coach must be USAW members.
3. For individual competitions the individual must be a current USAW member to receive benefits. Such members may participate in competitions without a coach or other club/team members.
4. Member coaches only while they are coaching or instructing other USA Wrestling members.