New for 2020-2021:
Requirements for Coaches to be on IOWA/USA WRESTLING National Teams Staff include but are not limited to:
1) Must have current USA Wrestling Coaches Card
2) Must have USA WRESTLING Bronze level or higher certification through the National Coaches Education Program.
3. Must be Safesport certified.
4) Officiate or volunteer in one of Iowa/USA Wrestling’s State level events (Freestyle or Greco-Roman.)
5) All coaches must complete the Coaches Pool Application (top of page)
The following point system will be used to determine coaches who have demonstrated service to Iowa/USA Wrestling. Level of service will be used to determine coaching assignments. The point system is as follows:
A. Clinician at a local tournament (see schedule )= 1 point
B. Official at a local tournament- (see schedule) = 3 points (all day.)
C. Official at an Iowa/USA State Tournament = 4 points (all day, per style.)
D. Assisting at a tournament = 1 pt. (officiating, clock, runner etc.)
E UWW Cadet or UWW Junior National attendance = 2 points
F. 2019 Iowa National Team Staff = 2 points
G. Previous National Team Staff Member (pre 2019) = 1 point. May not be combined with F.
H. Regional Championship Attendance = 1 point.
The Registration "Coaches" is not currently available.